Best New Professional Research Article Award
Laura Cutler, Ph.D., Ohio State University
“Fathers’ shared book reading experiences: Common behaviors, frequency, predictive factors, and developmental outcomes”
The Men in Families Best New Professional Research Article Award is presented to the new professional author of the best research article related to men in families for the year prior to the award.
All authors will receive a certificate of recognition. The awards are presented annually at the Men in Families Focus Group Annual Meeting.
- The Best New Professional Research Article Award is intended to honor peer-reviewed journal publications on men in families that are innovative and that advance the field.
- Contributions could be in the areas of substantive knowledge, methods, or theory about men in families.
- Examples of research could include applied, policy, meta-analyses, theoretical innovations, or basic research.
- At least one of the first three authors of the research article must be a member of NCFR.
- A committee of scholars is selected annually to review top peer-reviewed scholarly journals relevant to men in families.
- Committee members select and then are assigned journals they will review.
- After reviewing the journals, committee members identify articles that fit the award criteria and send those references to the committee chairs.
- Committee members will also accept individual nominations, either from the author themselves or from others.
June 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to the Men in Families focus group co-chairs
July 31: The recipient is notified by this date