Outstanding Professional Proposal Award
Hisako Sonethavilay and Jessica Strong
“Sustaining in Perpetual Change: Bringing Research to Policy For Military-Connected Families”
To recognize and promote exceptional scholarly work related to military families and children among family scholars.
A certificate will be presented at the Military Families and Children focus group annual meeting held at the NCFR Annual Conference. No monetary award will be issued.
- All format of proposals accepted for the NCFR Annual Conference are eligible, the proposals focus must be on military families. Proposals related to research, theory, and practice are eligible.
- There will be one award, the first author must be a Professional, and must be a member of NCFR.
- Those proposals with a military family focus accepted into the NCFR Annual Conference will be reviewed for this award.
- Committee members review the conference program for titles indicating a military family focus.
- The committee will then request from NCFR copies of the eligible proposals for review.
- The proposals will be redacted and distributed to committee members, who will review based upon a scoring rubric.
June 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to the Military Families and Children focus group co-chairs
July 31: The recipient is notified by this date