Cindy Winter Scholarship Award (SNP)
2017 Recipient – Megan L. Haselschwerdt – University of Tennessee, Knoxville
This biennial (odd years) award recognizes Cindy Winter, NCFR's Conference Director from 1964-2007. It honors a student or new professional who has demonstrated outstanding leadership/service in the discipline of Family Science.
The recipient receives a monetary award in the amount of $250, which is to be used for travel expenses to attend the NCFR Annual Conference, up to $125 toward NCFR Annual Conference registration, and a plaque.
The applicant must be a student or new professional who:
- is a current NCFR member and has been an NCFR member for a minimum of one year;
- shows potential for leadership excellence within NCFR; and
- demonstrates leadership in
- organizing conferences or organizations (e.g., professional workshop, graduate student conference, department student organization, etc.);
- giving presentations/workshops at national, state, local, and departmental conferences; and
- sustaining membership in national, state, local, and department organizations that focus on promoting the discipline of family science.
- may submit their own work or may be nominated by others;
- must submit a curriculum vitae;
- must fill out the application form;
- applicant may be nominated by someone else, but the applicant his/herself must provide a letter explaining
- what leadership qualities the applicants have demonstrated within NCFR, state, local, and/or departmental organizations;
- why the award is important to them; and
- how the applicant meets the criteria; and
- must include a total of two letters of support from colleagues or professors.
- May 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to Bethany Cox.
- July 31: The winner will be notified by this date.
Find the award nomination form here.