NCFR Student Award (SNP)
2017 Recipient – Rachel Arocho – Ohio State University
This award is given to an NCFR graduate student member who has demonstrated excellence as a student and shows high potential for contribution to the discipline of Family Science.
The winner receives a $500 cash award and a plaque, which will be presented at the beginning of a plenary session at the NCFR Annual Conference. Award is presented annually.
The student must:
- be currently enrolled in a graduate program;
- have work that shows promise of significant contribution to the discipline of Family Science (research projects or other work need not be completed at the time of nomination); and
- have been an NCFR member for a minimum of one year and is a current NCFR member
The professor who is nominating a qualified student must fill out the application form.
The nominee must supply:
- a letter of nomination;
- three additional letters of recommendation;
- a brief (1-3 page) statement defining an important problem he/she sees in the Family Science field and an outline of possible steps towards solution; and
- a brief (1-3 page) description or summary, written by the nominee, of a program, research project, publication, or the like, that he/she has accomplished. It should be representative of the quality of his/her work and area of interest.
May 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to Bethany Cox.
July 31: The winner will be notified by this date.
Find the award nomination form here.