Outstanding Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Paper Award
Anthony Blake Walker, Ph.D., Indiana State University
“A Qualitative Examination of Male Enrollment in Family Science Classes - Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal”
The Advancing Family Science Section’s Outstanding SoTL Paper Award is an award presented each year to one published paper of outstanding quality that advances the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) in Family Science.
The author(s) of the paper will receive a certificate and be recognized at the Advancing Family Science section annual meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference and via related social media.
To be eligible for consideration for the Award:
- The paper must advance the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Family Science. For the purposes of this award, SoTL is as defined by Potter and Kustra (2011, p. 2), “the systematic study of teaching and learning, using established or validated criteria of scholarship, to understand how teaching (beliefs, behaviours, attitudes, and values) can maximize learning, and/or develop a more accurate understanding of learning, resulting in products that are publicly shared for critique and use by an appropriate community.”
- The paper must have been published in a peer-reviewed academic source in the calendar year under review.
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be a current member of the Advancing Family Science Section when the paper is nominated and when the award is presented.
- Any member of the Advancing Family Science Section may nominate an eligible paper for consideration of the award during the nomination period (self-nominations are permitted).
- The Award Selection Committee Chair will also ask all Award Selection Committee members to nominate at least one (1) eligible paper for the Award.
- Papers on which members of the Award Selection Committee are authors are not eligible for consideration.
- Nominators must submit an electronic PDF copy (compliant with journal copyright permissions) of the published paper as part of the nomination.
April 15: Nomination deadline. Submit all materials to Silvia Bartolic
August 31: The winner is notified by this date