Outstanding Professional Paper/Publications Award
Brian G. Ogolsky, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
“As the States Turned: Implications of the Changing Legal Context of Same-Sex Marriage on Well-Being”
This award recognizes outstanding professional achievement by presenting an award for the best professional paper written by a Families and Health Section member.
The recipient receives a $200 cash award, one year of section membership, and a plaque. The award is presented annually at the Families and Health Section (FH) annual meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference.
The applicant must be:
- a professional, which means he/she has been working in a field consistent with the mission of NCFR for five years or more; and
- a member of NCFR and the FH Section.
- FH Chair-elect sends a notice to all FH Section members each year announcing the opportunity to submit a paper for evaluation for this award; and
- Applicants submit papers in APA formatting to the FH Chair-elect via email attachment (either a Microsoft Word or pdf document).
- Only scholarly papers are considered. Scholarly papers are considered research, professional review, theoretical development or critique, or presentation of new methodology papers. Published papers may be considered. These must be prepared for blind review by the author(s) prior to submission.
June 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to the FH Chair-elect, Amber Seidel.
August 15: The recipient will be notified by this date