Outstanding Student and New Professional Paper Award
2018 Recipient Outstanding Student and New Professional Paper Award
J. Kale Monk, Ph.D., CFLE, University of Missouri
“Relational Turbulence and Psychological Distress in Romantic Relationships in the Military”
This award recognizes outstanding professional achievement with an award to the best student or new professional paper.
The winner receives a $200 cash award and a plaque. The award is presented annually at the Family and Health (FH) Section Annual Meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference.
The applicant must be either a:
- student who is seeking a degree in family studies, family sciences, human development, public health, nurisng, psychology, sociology, or related field; or
- new professional who has graduated in a field of study related to NCFR's mission and worked in the field for less than five years.
The applicant must be a current member in NCFR and the FH Section.
- FH Chair-elect sends a notice to all FH Section members each year announcing the opportunity to submit a paper for evaluation for this award; and
- applicants submit papers in APA formatting to the FH Chair-elect via email attachment (either Microsoft Word or pdf document).
- Only scholarly papers are considered. Scholarly papers are considered research, professional review, theoretical development or critique, or presentation of new methodology papers.
- Published papers may be considered. These must be prepared for blind review by the author(s) prior to submission.
- For submissions in which the student or new professional is a co-author, a statement of the applicant's contribution to the paper provided by at least one co-author must also be provided. This statement should be submitted via separate email from the co-author(s) to the Chair-elect.
June 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to the FH Chair-elect.
August 15: The winner is notified by this date