Jan Trost Award
2019 Recipient - Bahira Sherif Trask, Ph.D., University of Delaware
This award is given in honor of Jan Trost, Uppsala University, Sweden, one of the founding members of NCFR's International Section and a past Section chair. The award recognizes Outstanding Contributions in International Family Studies. The Jan Trost Award honors an individual for their lifetime achievement in research, teaching and service to international families. The award recognizes and validates the importance of international family research and aims to further internationalize the culture and influence of the National Council on Family Relations
A plaque and recognition will be given at the International Section Annual Meeting. The award is presented annually.
- international scholarship should be family-focused;
- record should provide evidence of international research, teaching, and service, such as courses taught, quality and impact of publications, and service to international family societies and organizations; and the
- record should provide evidence of long-term and sustained commitment to international family research, teaching, and service.
Nominations may include, but are not limited to, candidates who are current members of NCFR's International Section. An ideal candidate has made a significant contribution to NCFR's International Section.
Membership in NCFR or the International Section is not required.
- a nomination letter that emphasizes the candidate's contributions to international research, teaching and service;
- two letters of support that speak to the candidate's long-term and sustained commitment to international family research, teaching and service; and
- curriculum vitae.
June 15: Application deadline. Submit all materials to the International Section chair-elect, Raeann Hamon
July 31: The recipient is notified by this date