Affiliate Councils President-Elect
The Affiliate Councils President-Elect shall serve on the National Council on Family Relations Board of Directors for a two-year term, and shall represent concerns of the members of the Affiliate Councils. This position shall assume the presidency of the Affiliate Councils for a two-year term following his or her term as President-Elect.
- Serve as a voting member of NCFR Board of Directors
- Participate in Board Orientation prior to taking office in November. Attend two face to face NCFR Board Meetings and be available for monthly conference calls.
- Attend all meetings of the Affiliate Councils and the Affiliate Councils Board. The Affiliate Councils is composed of all Presidents of NCFR Affiliate Councils or Representatives appointed in their stead by each respective council. These Presidents or Representatives must be NCFR members. Affiliate Council conference calls are optional.
- Keep the AC President abreast of board discussions and actions, particularly those relevant to the Affiliate Councils.
- Support the AC President with special tasks or assignments and provide visionary leadership and planning for the future of the Affiliate Councils.
- Work closely with the AC President and assumes AC President duties following the President-Elect term.
- Assist in the preparation of articles for the NCFR Report, in consultation with the AC President, as necessary. See calendar for due dates.
- Participate in the following Annual Conference events:
- NCFR Board Meeting
- AC Workshops
- AC Business Meeting
- AC-sponsored Round Tables
- AC and Executive Board Meetings
- NCFR Annual Business Meeting and Membership Forum.
- Be available for consultation with Affiliated Council Presidents.