Students and New Professionals Board Representative
The Students and New Professionals representative serves a two-year term as a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in Board Orientation prior to coming onto the Board. Attend two face to face NCFR Board Meetings and be available for monthly conference calls
- Write articles for the NCFR Report
- Assist in networking students and new professionals
- Suggest names for positions for Students and New Professionals Board Representative-elect and Students and New Professionals Program Representative
- Chair NCFR Student Award Committee and Cindy Winter Scholarship Award Committee
- Solicit nominations through NCFR Report, NCFR Zippy News, SNP discussion group and letters to universities and colleges
- Acknowledge applications as they arrive and send letters to approved candidates requesting supporting data
- Prepare supporting data for blind review and send to committee members
- Score each candidate on grid as votes come in from committee members; add up the total scores to determine the winner
- Notify the winning Students and New Professionals; solicit biographical data and photo to be sent to NCFR headquarters to be published in the NCFR Report. Notify the committee members with name of winner
- Send letters of congratulations/regret to each candidate and nominator.
- Prepare news release about award winner; send to NCFR Headquarters for distribution.
- Present award during Annual Conference
6. Annual Conference Responsibilities
- Attend SNP Leadership Council Meeting
- Attend Newcomers' Welcome
- Attend SNP Networking Session
- Attend NCFR Annual Business Meeting
- Be available for consultation with Students and New Professionals.