Students and New Professionals Board Representative-elect
The Students and New Professionals Board Representative-elect of the National Council on Family Relations serves a one-year term as a non-voting member on the Board of Directors. After serving their one-year term, this position will move to the position of Students and New Professionals Board Representative. Students and New Professionals Board Representative will serve a two-year term as a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in Board Orientation prior to coming onto the Board. Attend the face to face NCFR Board Meeting in November at the Annual Conference and be available for monthly conference calls.
- Assist the Students and New Professionals Board Representative by serving on the NCFR Student Award Committee and Cindy Winter Scholarship Award Committee and assist the Students and New Professionals Board Representative in the following selection process.
- Solicit nominations through NCFR Report, NCFR Zippy News, SNP discussion group and letters to universities and colleges
- Acknowledge applications as they arrive and send letters to approved candidates requesting supporting data
- Prepare supporting data for blind review and send to committee members
- Score each candidate on grid as votes come in from committee members; add up the total scores to determine the winner
- Notify the winning Students and New Professionals; solicit biographical data and photo to be sent to NCFR headquarters to be published in the NCFR Report. Notify the committee members with name of winner.
- Send letters of congratulations/regret to each candidate and nominator.
- Prepare news release about award winner; send to NCFR Headquarters for distribution.
3. Assist in writing or organizing articles representing SNP for the NCFR Report
4. Assist in completing on-going SNP projects and planning new projects for SNP
5. Assist in revising the NCFR Students and New Professionals Representative's Handbook
6. Assist the Students and New Professionals Program Representative in planning the Annual Conference
- Assist in screening submissions that have been designated for SNP sessions, using standardized criteria.
- Assist in planning conference sessions.
- If there are not enough submissions or if submissions are of low-quality, solicit and assist in putting together a program for SNP sessions.
- All assistance will be dependent on the Program Representative's request.
7. Assist in networking students and new professionals.
8. Suggest names for positions for Students and New Professionals Board Representative-Elect & Students and New Professionals Program Representative.
9. Annual Conference Responsibilities
- Attend NCFR Board Meeting
- Attend SNP Leadership Council Meeting
- Attend Newcomers' Reception
- Attend SNP Networking Session
- Attend NCFR Annual Business Meeting
- Assist SNP Board Representative and SNP Program Representative throughout the conference
- Assist Students and New Professionals members.