Students and New Professionals Program Representative
The Students and New Professionals Program Representative of the National Council on Family Relations serves as a member of the Annual Conference Program Committee for a two-year term (2020-2022), planning students and new professionals’ sessions for the 2021 conference program in Baltimore, Maryland, and the 2022 conference program in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Member of the Annual Conference Program Committee.
- Attend Annual Conference Program Committee planning sessions during the annual conference and at the Spring Annual Conference Planning Meeting.
- Screen submissions that have been designated for SNP sessions, using standardized criteria. Plan conference sessions. If there are not enough submissions or if submissions are of low-quality, solicit and put together a program for SNP sessions.
- Member of the NCFR Student Award Committees.
- Read and score materials submitted for the NCFR Student Award.
- Read and score materials submitted for the Cindy Winter Scholarship Award.
- Return materials to Students and New Professionals Board Representative who chairs the committees.
- Assist in networking with students and new professionals
- Annual Conference Responsibilities
- Attend SNP Leadership Council Meeting.
- Attend Newcomers’ Welcome.
- Attend SNP Networking Sessions.
- Be available for consultation with Students and New Professionals.