Benefits of Being a Certified Family Life Educator
CFLE certification helps you demonstrate a proven background and understanding in each of 10 Family Life Education (FLE) content areas.
While Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs) may work specifically in one field, such as parent education or marriage enrichment, their understanding of the many issues that affect today's families enables them to be more effective in educating and working with individuals and families. The CFLE credential recognizes the educational, preventive, and enriching nature of their work.
Additionally, standards identified for certification help increase awareness and understanding of Family Life Education as a profession.
Your CFLE credential...
- increases your credibility by showing that you've met the high standards and criteria needed to provide quality Family Life Education;
- adds credibility to the field by defining standards and criteria needed to provide quality Family Life Education;
- validates your education and experience;
- recognizes your expertise in the the broad, comprehensive range of issues which constitute Family Life Education;
- gives you access to the CFLE-only resources in the National Council on Family Relations' (NCFR) Resource Library which holds a variety of resources to help you in your practice;
- provides free access to many of NCFR's on-demand webinars on a variety of topics related to family practice, teaching, and even research; and
- provides networking opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally through periodic events on special topics such as CFLE Conversations.
CFLEs also receive access to:
- CFLE Network, an exclusive quarterly newsletter and forum for CFLEs to share their knowledge, resources, and expertise with each other.
- The CFLE Directory where you can search for and connect with fellow CFLEs based on geography and areas of expertise
- A CFLE online discussion group, where you can share and learn about events, job opportunities, as well as information on curricula, teaching ideas, and so on.