Benefits of Being a Certified Family Life Educator
Certification recognizes a proven background and understanding in each of 10 Family Life Education (FLE) content areas.
While Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs) may work specifically in one discipline, such as parent education or marriage enrichment, their understanding of the many areas that affect today's families enables them to be more effective in educating and working with individuals and families. The CFLE designation recognizes the educational, preventive, and enriching nature of their work.
Additionally, standards identified for certification help increase awareness and understanding of family life education as a profession.
- increases your credibility by showing that you've met the high standards and criteria needed to provide quality Family Life Education;
- adds credibility to the field of Family Life Education by defining standards and criteria needed to provide quality Family Life Education;
- validates your education and experience;
- recognizes your expertise in the the broad, comprehensive range of issues which constitute Family Life Education;
- gives you access to the National Council on Family Relations' (NCFR) Resource Library, which holds a variety of resources to help you in your practice;
- provides networking opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally. CFLEs receive a quarterly newsletter (CFLE Network), access to a directory of other CFLEs, and access to the CFLE discussion group, which is a great resource for announcing events, job opportunities, and calls for papers, and for sharing information on curricula, teaching ideas, etc.