CFLE Scholarship Fund
The Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Scholarship Fund was created to provide financial assistance to current CFLEs in paying the CFLE Annual Fee (maximum $100).
One-time scholarships are awarded to up to four CFLEs each year who apply for assistance. There are four application deadlines each year: March 1, June 1, Sept. 1, and Dec. 1
CFLE Scholarship Criteria
- You must be an active CFLE at the time of application, with Provisional or Full status
- You must have met all other CFLE requirements including submission of any recertification or upgrade materials and payment of fees currently due
- You must be able to articulate a need for financial assistance from NCFR
How to Apply
To apply for assistance, you must fill out the application webform, which requires the following information:
- Name and contact information
- Current educational and employment information
- Statement providing the following information (maximum 250 words per question):
- How your work relates to family life education; specify relevance to one or more family life education content areas
- How maintaining your CFLE designation will enhance your ability to practice family life education
- This is a needs-based scholarship. Provide a description of your situation and why it warrants financial assistance
Applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the CFLE Advisory Board. If you have questions regarding the CFLE Scholarship Fund, please email Dawn Cassidy or call her at 763-231-2882.
These scholarships are funded by proceeds from the book Wisdom for Parents and the generous support of the editors, Robert E. Keim. Ph.D., CFLE, and Arminta Jacobson, Ph.D., CFLE, and the authors of the book, most of whom are Certified Family Life Educators.
You can also donate to this fund through the NCFR website.