Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Emeritus status is an honorary status awarded annually to a small number of retired CFLEs who have made significant contributions to the field of family life education. Emeritus status recognizes the awardees' continued commitment to the field and life-time affiliation with the CFLE program.
Emeritus Status Criteria
A nominee for Emeritus status must:
- Be an active CFLE at the time of application
- Have been an active Certified Family Life Educator for at least ten years
- Have a minimum of ten years of experience in family life education
- Be officially retired from their main occupation (but may still work up to 20 paid hours per week)
- Have made a significant contribution to the field of family life education including development of materials and publications, awards, grants, development of a program or curriculum, non-profit initiatives, and/or policy work
If you are interested in nominating yourself (or someone else) for Emeritus status, please see the CFLE Emeritus Status Application.