CFLE Emeritus Status
Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Emeritus status is an honorary status awarded annually to a small number of retired CFLEs who have made significant contributions to the field of Family Life Education. Emeritus status recognizes the awardees' continued commitment to the field and lifetime affiliation with the CFLE program.
Emeritus Status Criteria
A nominee for Emeritus status must:
- be an active CFLE at the time of application,
- have been an active CFLE for at least 10 years,
- have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Family Life Education,
- be officially retired from their main occupation (but may still work up to 20 paid hours per week), and
- have made a significant contribution to the field of Family Life Education through including development of materials and publications, awards, grants, development of a program or curriculum, nonprofit initiatives, and/or policy work.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else for CFLE Emeritus status, please see the application form below.