CFLE Network: Families and Incarceration
NCFR is proud to present its latest issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is Families and Incarceration.
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
Articles marked by an asterisk (*) are open to the general public.
Family Life Education in Practice
- Fathers Forever: Extension’s Work With Incarcerated Men — Ellie McCann, M.S., CFLE; Sharon Powell, Ph.D., CFLE; Becky Hagen-Jokela, M.S.; Lori Hendrickson, M.Ed.; and Anita Harris Hering, M.A.
- Facilitating Community Reintegration of Offenders: Best Practices Behind Bars — Lisa Dunkley, Ph.D.
- Home Visiting With Women Involved in the Justice System: One Program’s Story — Maria Reyes-Vargas and Bridget A. Walsh, Ph.D., CFLE
- Tips for Working With Children of Incarcerated Parents (CIP) and Their Caregivers — Yvette R. Harris, Ph.D.
- Using Family Life Education to Maintain Relationships Through Incarceration and Reentry — Laura Arnold, Ph.D., CFLE; and Robyn Cenizal, CFLE
- Preparing Students to Empower Families Affected by Incarceration — Laura Landry-Meyer, Ph.D., CFLE; Brenda J. Oyer, Ed.D.; Stephanie Blessing, M.Ed.; and Kahlie B. Paoletti
- Addressing Incarceration Narratives: Combating Recidivism Through the Family System — Luke O’Steen and Carlos Perez, Ph.D., CFLE
- Families and Incarceration Resources
Research Update for Practitioners
- Changes in Family Structure: The War on Drugs, the Role of the Incarcerated Parent, and the New Black Family — Kaylee Seddio, Ph.D., CFLE
- The Impact of Incarceration of African American Fathers on Families and Children — Geneva L. Osawe, LCSW, LMFT, LCAC; and Joan K. Comeau, Ph.D., CFLE
- *Nearpod Technology: A Way to Connect With, Teach, and Assess Your Students — Deborah B. Gentry, Ed.D., CFLE, NCFR Academic Program Liaison
- *Directions: CFLE Application Process Moving Online — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLE in the News
- Children of Incarcerated Parents: Challenges and Promise — Reviewed by Marcie Parker, Ph.D., CFLE
- Developing Online Learning in the Helping Professions — Reviewed by Richard Glotzer, Ph.D., CFLE
- Why Can’t I Be the Boss of Me? — Reviewed by Audrey Kraynak, Ph.D., CFLE, NCSP, ABSNP
- Why My Dad? A Story about Military Deployment — Reviewed by Marcie Parker, Ph.D., CFLE
- Contemporary Parenting: A Global Perspective — Reviewed by Clara Gerhardt, Ph.D., CFLE
- Introduction to Human Development and Family Studies — Reviewed by Mary A. Sciaraffa, Ph.D., CFLE
- A Hands-On Approach to Teaching about Aging: 32 Activities for the Classroom and Beyond — Reviewed by Erin L. Yelland, Ph.D., CFLE, and M. Hunter Stanfield, M.A., M.D.R., M.S., LMFT