CFLE Network: Substance Abuse and the Opioid Crisis in Families and Individuals
NCFR is proud to present its latest issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is substance abuse and the opioid crisis in families and individuals.
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
Articles marked by an asterisk (*) are open to the general public.
CFLE in Context
- Substance Abuse Prevention Programs for Children by Markell Kunzelman, CFLE-P
- Working With Head Start Families Coping With an Addiction by Amy Phillips, CFLE-P
Family Life Education in Context
- Thinking Outreach: How CFLEs Can Provide Substance Abuse Education — by Roxanne Atterholt, MRPYC, CFLE, HS-BCP, and Alice Long, Ph.D.
- Family Considerations When Planning Opioid-Related Programming — by Scott Hall, Ph.D., CFLE
Research Update for Practitioners
- The Role of Family Life Educators and Recovery Capital in Addressing Substance Abuse in Families — by Stacy Conner, Ph.D., LMFT, LMAC, and Jessica Cless, Ph.D., LMFT
- Substance Abuse and Opioid Epidemic Resources — by article authors
- *Academic Program Review Update: Are Our Students Adequately Wicked-Prepared? — by Deborah Gentry, Ed.D., CFLE, NCFR Academic Program Liaison
- *Directions: Increasing Employer Recognition and Value of the CFLE Credential — by Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLEs in the News