CFLE Network: Family Life Education in Schools
NCFR is proud to present its latest issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is Family Life Education in Schools.
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
Articles marked by an asterisk (*) are open to the general public.
CFLE in Context
- Teaching Soft Skills in a Boarding School Setting — Amie Mondragon, CFLE
Family Life Education in Practice
- Youth Mental Health: Raising Awareness and Overcoming Challenges — Jennifer Rojas-McWhinney, Ph.D., CFLE
- Personal Violence Prevention Program in High Schools — Cynthia B. Wilson, Ph.D., CFLE, and Tyler Wertenberger
- STEM at Home and in the Classroom — Lexa Jack, CFLE
- A CFLE Credential Benefits the Child, the Family, and the Program — Anne Leonard-Phillipson, CFLE
- Implementing Social Health in a Trauma-Informed Classroom — Elizabeth A. Ramsey, Ph.D., CFLE
- Using Family Life Education to Bridge Gaps Between Families and Schools — Sara R.H. Brooks, M.A., CFLE
- Using Family Life Education in Schools, Minnesota’s Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) Program — Kari Sawyer, M.A., CFLE
- Empowering At-Risk Students, Communities in Schools: A Good Fit for Family Life Educators — Sandra McClintic, Ph.D., CFLE
- Family Life Education and Schools: Reinforcing Life-Long Learning and Academic Achievement— Daijona Maxwell, CFLE
- Supporting K–12 Military Students in Schools — Kelly D. Frisch, CFLE
- The Crosswalk Between Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) Federal Grant Program and NCFR Principles — Stephanie Haney, M.S., CFLE; Regan Deal, M.S., LMFT; Pat Sims, Ed.D., LMFT-S; and Angel Herring, Ph.D.
- Family Life Education in Schools Resources
- *APR Update: Curiosity’s Essential Role in Human Learning — Deborah B. Gentry, Ed.D., CFLE, NCFR Academic Program Liaison
- *Directions: Neurodiversity—Flipping the Narrative — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLE in the News
Research Update for Practitioners
- Family Life Education and Collegiate Athletes: An Adaptation and Application of the Love Notes Curriculum — TeKisha M. Rice, M.S., CFLE, and Brianna L. Anderson, M.S.
News and Updates
- *Availability of New National Parenting Education Network (NPEN) Resource on Parenting Educator Competencies — Betty Cooke, Ph.D., CFLE
- *Elizabeth L. Morgan Selected as Editor of CFLE Network
- *CFLE Application and Renewal Process Now Online
- A Review of Transgender Children and Youth: Cultivating Pride and Joy in Families in Transition — Reviewed by Marcie Parker
- 8 Keys to Old School Parenting For Modern-Day Families — Reviewed by Theresa J. Russo
- An Introduction to Effective Parenting Education: Exploring Context, Content, and Strategies — Reviewed by Jodi Yelinek, Ph.D., CFLE and Martin Covey. Ph.D., CFLE
- Family, Intergenerational Solidarity, and Post-Traditional Society — Reviewed by Dr. Richard Glotzer
- Beyond the Cubicle: Job Insecurity, Intimacy, and the Flexible Self — Reviewed by Dr. Richard Glotzer
- Teachable Moments: Using Everyday Encounters with Media and Culture to Instill Conscience, Character, and Faith — Reviewed by Dr. Audrey R. Kraynak, CFLE