CFLE Network: Families and Health
NCFR is proud to present its latest issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is Families and Health.
Access to issues of CFLE Network is a benefit of CFLE Certification. (Learn how to become certified) Articles marked by an asterisk (*) are open to the general public.
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
- CFLE in Context: Families and Health by Heidi E. Austin, Ed.D., MCHES, CFLE
- Caregivers Need Care Too by Calvin Bradley, Jr., MDiv, CFLE, BCC, HEC-C
- Health Literacy: A Crisis and Call to CFLEs for Adolescents and Families by Elizabeth Perry Caldwell, Ph.D., RN, and Karen K. Melton, Ph.D.
- Youth Caregivers: The Hidden Part of the Caregiving Iceberg by Audrey R. Kraynak, Ph.D., CFLE, NCSP, ABSNP
- Families and Health Resources
- Understanding Sexual Health and Sexual Health Care Disparities of Black Women and Girls: Family Life Educators Can Make a Difference by Helyne Frederick, Ph.D., CFLE
- Taking Care of Me: Wellness and Self-Care Among Black CFLEs by Lisa Dunkley, Ph.D. and Charlene Harris, Ph.D., CFLE
- Embracing Kinship Networks in African American and Black Families’ Health by Charlene Harris, Ph.D., CFLE, Lisa Dunkley, Ph.D., CRC, and Karleah Harris, Ph.D.
News and Updates
- *First Virtual Family Life Education Summit a Success! by Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLEs in the News
- *CFLE Voices From the Field – Fall 2021