CFLE Network: Foster Care & Adoption
NCFR is proud to present its summer 2022 issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is Foster Care & Adoption.
Access to issues of CFLE Network is a benefit of CFLE Certification. (Learn how to become certified) *Articles marked with an asterik are open to the public
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
CFLE in Context
- Supporting Families in Foster Care and Adoption — Kelly Benford, CFLE
Family Life Education in Practice
- Tools for CFLEs that Cultivate Safety, Connection, and Emotional Regulation in the Home — Debra Penkin, MSW, CFLE
- Support Groups for Biological Children of Foster, Adoptive, and Kinship Families — Darren Daugherty, Ph.D., LPC, CFLE, & Daniela Coats, LMSW
- Lessons Learned Delivering Family Life Education to Trauma Exposed Families — Alisha M. Hardman, Ph.D., CFLE, & Lori Elmore-Staton, Ph.D.
Research Update for Practitioners
- Education and Training of Foster Parents with Infants who have Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) — Elizabeth Ramsey, Ph.D., CFLE
- Connections Among Foster Family Care, Kinship Care, and Adoption — Elizabeth L. Morgan, Ph.D., CFLE
Wisdom for Family Life Educators
- Learning to Dance in the Storm: Wisdom From an Adoptive Family — Lisa Krause, M.A., CFLE
- Foster Family Care and Adoption Resources — Various Authors
News and Updates (open to public)
- *CFLE Directions: “Every Session I Attended Was Packed Full of Useful Information and Resources” — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLEs in the News
- *Call for Articles: Intergenerational Relationships