Mid-Atlantic Christian University
The Mid-Atlantic Christian University (MACCU) degree in Youth and Family Studies will prepare the student for leadership in the local church, para-church or family education studies and professions. There is an incredible need for individuals trained to work with students and their families through the life cycle. The program offers areas of emphasis within Youth and Family with four tracks for specialization: Children's Track, Student Track, Adult Track and Campus Ministry Track. The Youth and Family Studies Major enables graduates to develop the skill set to assist youth and families with the social, spiritual and developmental challenges facing the family today. MACU is one of the few schools in North Carolina and Virginia that offers the opportunity to become a Certified Family Life Educator (provisional licensure at graduation) through The National Council on Family Relations (http://www.ncfr.org/cfle-certification)
Students completing the Youth and Family Studies Major:
- Will demonstrate an ability to plan programming and regular training in family life skills.
- Will understand the nuances of and be able to adapt to the distinct requirements of ethnic groups and special needs students.
- Will know the cultural and legal trends that are redefining family life and altering the mindset of today's young people.
- Will develop skilld to recruit and train volunteers.
- Will refine interpersonal skills for positive relationships with volunteers and paid staff.