Family Science/Human Development (B.S.)
This degree has as its emphasis a strong general education in the field of Family Science/Human Development and provides students with a broad, general approach to the study of the family. This degree is primarily intended for those students who do not wish to pursue graduate school.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Family Science/Human Development will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the dynamic nature of the family and of the conceptual framework on which current family relations theories are based.
- Gain approval as a Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE).
- Demonstrate a knowledge of various cultures and family structure types in our society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of career opportunities applicable to Family Science majors on the bachelor’s level.
- Demonstrate spiritual development and service to the church.
- Develop an international perspective that encourages tolerance and appreciation of individual differences.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours. Minor required.