Family Studies (M.S.)
As you prepare to guide parents toward new ideas, a degree in Family Studies will train you to provide emotional support to parents learning about the important role of raising children. You will develop skills to study parent and family issues related to early childhood family education and family studies as you focus on understanding children's behavior and development in the context of family and community life.
- Option to student teach in an Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) program
- Uses group and project-based assignments and focused observations of programs
- Designed for both full-time and part-time students
- Cohort-like atmosphere offers peer support with the flexibility of enrollment throughout the year
- Complements a variety of undergraduate program backgrounds and professions
- One of the only on-campus Family Studies program in Minnesota Accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation