Back to School 2021 – Getting Ready for Virtually Anything
Major disruptions occurred to the school year in 2020-21 that resulted in unprecedented educational challenges for students with special needs, their parents, caregivers, teachers, and service providers. In addition to instructional concerns, all involved needed to rapidly develop and enforce a virtual infrastructure that not only supplemented but substituted for quality in-person interactions and engagement. This webinar, presented as a sequel to the “Back to School: Special Needs and Social Distancing” seeks to alleviate some of these concerns and will discuss tips and strategies for effective virtual communication and interactive engagement between parents/caregivers and:
- school personnel in charge of social distancing and COVID-19 related safety.
- the student’s teachers.
- service providers.
At the conclusion of this webinar, attendees will receive:
- Tips and strategies for effective virtual communication.
- Suggested key questions to ask and ways to pre-prepare answers related to special needs.
- Guidance for preparing comprehensive presentations ahead of a virtual meeting, and,
- Access to resources for ongoing technical assistance with a one-pager checklist for future reference.
Approved for 1.0 hour of CFLE continuing education credit.
This webinar will be available on demand after the live date.
See all MFLN webinar recordings