Understanding NCFR Conference Session Formats
Seasoned NCFR conference presenters share their advice on how to prepare for the different types of conference presentations and roles including presenting posters, papers, lightning papers, symposia, and how to be an effective discussant or facilitator.
Watch the individual segments below or play all on Youtube
- Making the Most of Your NCFR Conference
- How to Be an Effective Discussant
- General Tips for Facilitators
- Interactive Paper Sessions: PowerPoint "How To's"
Making the Most of Your NCFR Conference: A Guide for Students and New Professionals
Presenter: Katie M. Barrow, Ph.D., CFLE and Jessica N.Fish, Ph.D.
- Poster Presentations
- Paper Presentations
- Other Ways to Get Involved: Volunteer, Presider, Facilitator, or Discussant
- Helpful Hints and Resources for Newcomers
How to Be an Effective Discussant
Presenter: Megan Haselschwerdt, Ph.D., University of Tennessee, Knoxville
General Tips for Facilitators
Presenter: Claire Kamp Dush, Ph.D., Ohio State University
Surviving the Lightning Paper Session: PowerPoint "How To's"
(Lightning Papers are now known as Interactive Papers)
Presented by Zach Giano, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University