Chapter 3: Family Life Education: Wisdom in Practice
Parenthetical is a University of Wisconsin Extension sponsored website and blog that provides unbiased and research-based information on parenting tweens and teens. More than that, Parenthetical is designed to be a community for readers to learn, share, and engage in dialogue related to their experience with families and teens.
Parenthetical also contains a Resources page that links readers with parenting resources ranging from popular parenting books to research articles or videos on various topics (e.g., discipline). At the website can be found a six-part series on Wise Parenting. This series incorporates the wisdom in practice principles discussed in this chapter and applies them to parenting tweens and teens:
- Wise Parenting, Part 1: What Is Wise Parenting? Staying Cool, Calm and Reflective
- Wise Parenting, Part 2: What's the Problem?
- Wise Parenting, Part 3: Taking Aim
- Wise Parenting, Part 4: Expanding the Perspective
- Wise Parenting, Part 5: The Role of Knowledge and Experience
- Wise Parenting, Part 6: Seeking the Right Balance
|<< Back to Chapter 2 resources||Go to Chapter 4 resources >>|