Pacific Lutheran University
The mission of the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at Pacific Lutheran University is to train students to become systemically-oriented, contextually sensitive MFT Professionals who address the diverse needs and clinical concerns of individuals, couples, families, and communities.
Students and graduates will be:
- Systemically-oriented MFT Professionals
- Contextually sensitive MFT Professionals committed to diversity and inclusion
- Ethical and effective MFT Professionals in the community mental health context
- Professionals who identify as Marriage and Family Therapists
Highlights of our program include:
- The Couple and Family Therapy Center – You will train as a student therapist in our on-campus clinic with a faculty member as your supervisor. The clinic is equipped with one-way mirrors, every session is recorded, and the faculty supervisor is guiding you through your first cases.
- We are one of only four COAMFTE accredited programs in WA – As a graduate of an accredited program, you will have 500 of 1000 direct client contact hours required for licensure in WA.
- We place you for your practicum – We have established partnerships with five local community mental health agencies so that you do not have to go out and find one on your own.
- We value diversity – We value a diverse learning community. Together, we encounter and experience a rich variety of perspectives, ideas, belief systems and ways of thinking. In and out of class, we are enriched by each other's stories, opinions, and personalities.
- Truly small class sizes of approximately 20 students– Our students get to know each other very well right away. Students find that the relationships they develop by working so closely together benefits both their professional and personal lives.
- 98.6% pass rate on the national MFT exam for our graduates – Further details about our program performance, including the number of students in the program, our graduation rate, and licensure rate can be found at: COAMFTE Student Achievement Data.