More Than Money: An Overview of Family Resource Management
This webinar is free to all through August 31, 2020, to provide wider access to important resources during this unprecedented time. Watch Now
Learn about the field of family resource management (FRM) — one of the 10 Family Life Education (FLE) content areas — and the importance of FRM to family sustainability across time.
In this NCFR webinar, Tami James Moore, Ph.D., CFLE, will present an overview of family resource management, which addresses the decisions individuals and families make about developing and allocating resources — not only money, but also time, material assets, energy, friends, neighbors, and space — to meet their goals.
During the webinar, Dr. Moore will:
- address the definition of family resource management;
- discuss the application of FRM to family resource decisions;
- cover the planning process within FRM, including budgeting, scheduling, saving, and anticipating; and
- consider how diversity within families impacts decisions related to use of resources in daily life and across the lifespan.
By attending the webinar, you will be able to:
- understand the process of family resource management within the decision-making framework;
- recognize the impact of contextual influences on family resource management and how it fits within the Family Life Education (FLE) framework; and
- recognize the difference between needs and wants within the family decision-making process.
Approved for 1 hour of CFLE education credit.
- Family Life Educators, college instructors, cooperative extension agents, new professionals, doctoral and master’s students
What Attendees Said About This Webinar:
"A good overview of how economics impact resource management."
"I appreciate the depth of the material presented."
"The information is very helpful in my work, plus in my own family unit."
About the Presenter
Tami James Moore, Ph.D., CFLE, is a professor of family studies at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. She is the first author of Family Resource Management (the textbook recommended for CFLE exam review) and has served as an expert on the CFLE exam creation and review in the area of family resource managements. Dr. Moore has taught family resource management for 16 years, and has published in the area of family housing while holding several positions on state and national boards in the housing industry.
On-Demand Webinar Recording
Even if you can't watch this webinar live, your registration will still grant you access to watch the recording at your convenience. The fee for this webinar is $25 for NCFR student members, $45 for NCFR members and Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs), $85 for nonmembers.
Classroom and departmental use licenses allow faculty members to share the video in class or embed the video in their online learning management system. Departmental use licenses allow more than on faculty member to use the webinar in their class. We request that links or downloads are not shared with students.
License for classroom use by one professor is available for $120 for NCFR members, $185 for nonmembers.
License for departmental use (multiple professors) is available for $170 NCFR member / $305 nonmember.
Departmental license for CFLE-approved programs is $140.