The School of Human Ecology at Tennessee Tech University invites applicants for a full-time, nine-month tenure-track position in Family and Consumer Sciences Education/Child Development and Family Relations to begin August 2019. The ecological and interdisciplinary nature of the School of Human Ecology supports collaboration and innovation in teaching. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses across both concentration areas.
- Advanced terminal degree from an accredited institution in Family and Consumer Sciences or closely related field by stated date of employment
- Three years successful teaching experience in the content areas at the collegiate level
- Demonstrated record of scholarly and creative activities within the teaching disciplines
- Teaching licensure in Family and Consumer Sciences in middle and/or high school
- Qualified to teach the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Body of Knowledge using a variety of teaching techniques
- Holistic educational background in a Family and Consumer Sciences, Human Ecology and/or Human Sciences unit
- Experience with EDTPA (teacher assessment software) and ability to supervise Family and Consumer Sciences student teachers following state of Tennessee residency requirements
- Ability to provide advising services to students in content areas
- Ability to achieve certification from the National Council on Family Relations in Family Life Education (CFLE)
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in program development, student recruitment and unit accreditation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in both university and community settings with faculty, staff, students and community groups of diverse backgrounds
Tennessee Tech University
1 William L Jones Drive
Cookeville, TN 38505
Applicants will be required to apply online at https://jobs.tntech.edu and electronically upload a letter of interest that addresses the required qualifications and duties, curriculum vitae (with pertinent experience), copies of graduate transcripts (official transcripts for all degrees conferred required upon hire), and email addresses for three references at time of application. References will be contacted via email to provide a reference letter. Submission of materials is the applicant’s responsibility. Application without all required materials are considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Tennessee Tech University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age (40 and over), status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other category protected by federal or state law. Inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies should be directed to [email protected].