Student Information for the 2019 NCFR Conference
Each year, hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students attend the NCFR Annual Conference. Get some tips for maximizing your conference experience, and read on for more on conference logistics and opportunities for students:
Registration — Special Rates for Students
Student Aide Program — Work at the Conference & Get a Registration Rebate
Hotel Rooms — Student Room Reservations and Rates — FULL FOR 2019
Conference Program — Sessions and Events for Students
Register Early for the Best Rates
NCFR conference registration is now open! Special registration rates are available to all students — even deeper discounts for students who are also members of NCFR.
Student Aide Program
Signup for student aide placement is no longer available through the conference registration system for 2019.
Please email Judy Schutz to inquire about whether any assignments remain available or to be added to the waitlist for student aide placement for 2019. Please note that you must be a student, a member of NCFR, and registered for the conference to be eligible for a student aide position.
Student members of NCFR: When you register for the conference, sign up to work as a conference student aide to receive a $60 conference registration rebate!
Student aides work a shift of four to five hours at the conference, assisting NCFR staff with things like registration desk help, audio-visual equipment setup and packing, room monitoring, and communications/data entry tasks.
As a student aide, once you complete your shift and turn in your signed student aide work form at the conference, you will receive your $60 rebate four to five weeks after the conference.
Student aide slots are limited and slots typically fill quickly, so register for the conference early to ensure you're able to take advantage of the opportunity!
How to Sign Up to Be a Student Aide:
- First, register for the conference. (Make sure you are already a member of NCFR!) During the registration process, select "Yes" for the question that asks whether you'd like to be a student aide. Proceed and complete your conference registration.
- If you are a student but you are not an NCFR member, you can join NCFR first, and then register for the conference at the NCFR student-member rate. As a student member of NCFR, you will then be eligible for a student aide slot.
- Look for a student aide email from NCFR. Beginning in June, we'll send you a separate email with a link to a survey where you'll fill in your availability and work preferences for your student aide slot. (For those who register for the conference in June or later, you'll receive this email shortly after you've registered.)
- Complete the survey once we've sent you the link so we know your availability and work preferences. The only way we can assign you a student aide slot is if you submit your availability and work preferences!
- In September, you'll receive your work assignment and date/time from NCFR. At that time, you'll need to sign and return your acknowledgement that you'll be able to work your shift.
A Few More Student Aide Notes:
- You must be a student member of NCFR to qualify to serve as a student aide.
- Once student aide slots fill, NCFR will keep a wait list. Once the wait list is full, NCFR may close student aide signup at its discretion.
- Your student aide discount will be issued as a rebate after the conference. You will receive your $60 rebate only once you have completed your student aide shift at the conference and turned in your signed work form at the conference. We must have your signed work form to issue your rebate!
- Student aide rebates will be issued four to five weeks after the conference.
Student Rooms are Full for 2019
A limited number of discounted hotel rooms for NCFR student members are available each year on a first-come/first-served basis for groups of three or four students who know they want to share a room together at the conference hotel.
Student rooms are full for 2019. You may still reserve a room at the 2019 conference hotel — the Omni Fort Worth — through the regular online reservation system for our conference attendees while regular rooms remain available.
Session and Events for Students
Each year's conference features a great lineup of sessions geared toward students.
You'll find a range of sessions planned by NCFR's Students and New Professionals (SNPs) group related to career planning, professional development, and networking.