Student Information for the 2019 NCFR Conference
Each year, hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students attend the NCFR Annual Conference. Get some tips for maximizing your conference experience, and read on for more on conference logistics and opportunities for students:
Registration — Special Rates for Students
Student Aide Program — Work at the Conference & Get a Registration Rebate
Hotel Rooms — Student Room Reservations and Rates
Conference Program — Sessions and Events for Students
Register Early for the Best Rates
NCFR conference registration is now open! Special registration rates are available to all students — even deeper discounts for students who are also members of NCFR.
Student Aide Program
Student members of NCFR: When you register for the conference, sign up to work as a conference student aide to receive a $60 conference registration rebate!
Student aides work a shift of four to five hours at the conference, assisting NCFR staff with things like registration desk help, audio-visual equipment setup and packing, room monitoring, and communications/data entry tasks.
As a student aide, once you complete your shift and turn in your signed student aide work form at the conference, you will receive your $60 rebate four to five weeks after the conference.
Student aide slots are limited and slots typically fill quickly, so register for the conference early to ensure you're able to take advantage of the opportunity!
How to Sign Up to Be a Student Aide:
- First, register for the conference. (Make sure you are already a member of NCFR!) During the registration process, select "Yes" for the question that asks whether you'd like to be a student aide. Proceed and complete your conference registration.
- If you are a student but you are not an NCFR member, you can join NCFR first, and then register for the conference at the NCFR student-member rate. As a student member of NCFR, you will then be eligible for a student aide slot.
- Look for a student aide email from NCFR. Beginning in June, we'll send you a separate email with a link to a survey where you'll fill in your availability and work preferences for your student aide slot. (For those who register for the conference in June or later, you'll receive this email shortly after you've registered.)
- Complete the survey once we've sent you the link so we know your availability and work preferences. The only way we can assign you a student aide slot is if you submit your availability and work preferences!
- In September, you'll receive your work assignment and date/time from NCFR. At that time, you'll need to sign and return your acknowledgement that you'll be able to work your shift.
A Few More Student Aide Notes:
- You must be a student member of NCFR to qualify to serve as a student aide.
- Once student aide slots fill, NCFR will keep a wait list. Once the wait list is full, NCFR may close student aide signup at its discretion.
- Your student aide discount will be issued as a rebate after the conference. You will receive your $60 rebate only once you have completed your student aide shift at the conference and turned in your signed work form at the conference. We must have your signed work form to issue your rebate!
- Student aide rebates will be issued four to five weeks after the conference.
Students Get Special Hotel-Room Discounts
A limited number of discounted hotel rooms for NCFR student members are available on a first-come/first-served basis for groups of three or four students who know they want to share a room together at the 2019 conference hotel (the Omni Fort Worth Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas).
The student hotel-room rate is available via this separate signup form (PDF) through NCFR — it is not available through the hotel's online or phone booking system. When the student-discount rooms are filled, room sharing will be available at the regular conference hotel-room rate.
Session and Events for Students
Each year's conference features a great lineup of sessions geared toward students. You'll find a range of sessions planned by NCFR's Students and New Professionals (SNPs) group related to career planning, professional development, and networking. Look for more details later in 2019!