4 New Members Sought for CFLE Academic Program Review Committee
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) is seeking four new Academic Program Review (APR) Committee members for terms beginning Jan. 1, 2021.
Email your application materials by Sept. 3, 2020. More details are below.
The Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Academic Program Review Committee consists of approximately 18 appointed volunteer members who evaluate university and college applications for CFLE program approval and renewal. Each member serves a three-year term with the option to extend their term by an additional year.
The National Council on Family Relations receives approximately four to five first-time approval applications per year. The number of programs up for renewal in any given year can vary from 15 to 35. The Academic Program Liaison oversees the review of renewal applications and enlists the services of the review committee as needed. Each committee member can expect to review at least two first-time applications and assist in the review of some renewal applications each year.
The review process involves evaluating applications for curricula in the 10 CFLE content areas and best practices in the teaching of Family Science. The review process is electronic and carried out via SharePoint. Committee members will be supported in their work by NCFR staff including the APR liaison and the NCFR Director of Family Life Education.
- Current Certified Family Life Educator with full status
- Active NCFR member
- Current appointment in an accredited institution as full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Master’s degree required; Doctorate preferred
- Experience with course design and development a plus
- Experience serving as a member of a curriculum committee a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
- Review academic program applications and renewals within 45 days of receipt.
- Work with the APR Liaison and NCFR Director of Family Life Education to establish APR policies and procedures.
- Attend the annual APR Committee meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference in November (required). Expenses are the responsibility of the APR Committee Member.
- Attend the APR Q & A and Networking session and CFLE Reception at NCFR Annual Conference (encouraged).
- The estimated time commitment is approximately 25 to 30 hours per year.
Positions are appointed by the NCFR Director of Family Life Education and the APR liaison. If interested, please submit the following to Dawn Cassidy by September 3, 2020.
- Current vitae or resume
- Summary of participation in NCFR including length of membership, section and committee involvement, elected positions, number of NCFR conferences attended, etc.
- Affiliation with other professional associations
- Information about experience with program or curricula review
- Statement of Interest – Why do you want to serve on the CFLE Academic Program Review Committee and what do you have to offer?
- Photo in JPEG or TIF format (at least 300 DPI) for use in promotion
For more information contact Dawn Cassidy at 763-231-2882 or by email.