June Deadlines to Nominate a Colleague for a 2018 NCFR Award
Honor your distinguished colleagues by nominating them for an award sponsored by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) or one of its member groups. The awards listed below are actively seeking nominations. Awards that do not require nominations, or whose deadlines have passed, are not included here. Read more about NCFR awards...
Although many award deadlines were May 1 or earlier, a few remain until June 1 or 15, as highlighted below.
Awards designated "SNP" below are available to anyone who is an undergraduate or graduate student, or anyone within five years of their last degree earned.
Affiliate Council Awards
- Affiliate Grants — June 1 deadline, student and state/regional affiliates may apply.
- Meritorious Service Award — June 1 deadline
- President-for-a-Day Award (SNP) — June 1 deadline
Ethnic Minorities Section
- John L. and Harriette P. McAdoo Dissertation Award (SNP) — deadline extended to May 15
Families and Health Section
- Outstanding Professional Paper/Publications Award — June 1 deadline
- Outstanding Student and New Professional Paper Award (SNP) — June 1 deadline
- Jan Trost Award — June 15 deadline
- Student and New Professional Travel Scholarship (SNP) — June 15 deadline
- Annual Conference Travel Scholarship — June 15 deadline
NCFR Focus Groups
Family Economics Focus Group
- Best Family Economics Paper of the Year — June 1 deadline
Issues in Aging Focus Group
- Issues in Aging Focus Group Awards (SNP and Professional) — June 1 deadline
Latino(a) Research Focus Group
Men in Families Focus Group
- Best New Professional Research Article Award — June 1 deadline
- Best Research Article Award — June 1 deadline
Military Families and Children Focus Group
- Outstanding Student and New Professional Proposal Award (SNP) — June 1 deadline
- Outstanding Professional Proposal Award — June 1 deadline