Serve on the CFLE Exam Item-Writing Committee
NCFR is seeking multiple family professionals — up to 25 subject-matter experts — to serve on the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Exam Item-Writing Committee.
Work for these new committee members may begin as early as September 2019. Term lengths range from two to five years.
The NCFR CFLE exam — used to award the CFLE credential to candidates that have not completed pre-approved coursework at a CFLE-approved academic institution — is continually updated through the development of items relevant to the 10 Family Life Education content areas. NCFR is seeking up to 25 subject matter experts with experience working and teaching in the field of Family Life Education to serve on the CFLE Exam Item Writing Committee.
- Current Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) with full status
- Minimum three years’ experience practicing in the field of Family Life Education
- Current NCFR member preferred
Experience in test development is not necessary; training will be provided.
- Review and sign an affidavit of nondisclosure
- Complete online training in item development and review
- Create and review an assigned number of exam items for each year of service
- Participation in 1-2 online meetings throughout the year
The estimated time commitment is approximately 15 to 20 hours per year.
Complete and submit the online application form by Sept. 3, 2019. You'll be required to submit the following:
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- Demographic information
- Identification of primary and secondary areas of expertise within the 10 FLE content areas
- Additional certifications and licenses other than CFLE
For more information email Dawn Cassidy or call her at 763-231-2882.