Assistant Professor - Couple & Family Therapy - CSPP Application Deadline February 1st (San Diego)
Assistant Professor - Couple & Family Therapy - CSPP Application Deadline February 1st (San Diego)
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) at Alliant International University offers APA-accredited doctoral programs (PsyD and PhD) in Clinical Psychology at five campuses in California, Clinical Counseling master's programs at two campuses, COAMFTE-accredited master's and doctoral programs in Marriage and Family Therapy at four campuses, and a national postdoctoral master's program in psychopharmacology. CSPP's mission is to provide the highest quality education, training, research and service in professional psychology and related human service fields. We strive to improve quality of life by fostering respect for human diversity in a multicultural and international society and by combating discrimination in all its forms. We seek to redefine excellence in scholarship via models of applied clinical research that provide a solid framework for understanding and addressing problems in contemporary life.
The Alliant International University's Couple and Family Therapy programs have existed since 1973 and have been COAMFTE accredited since 2001. Both the MA and PsyD programs operate as one program across multiple Alliant locations. They are housed in the California School of Professional Psychology.
Alliant's CSPP invites applications for a full-time academic core faculty appointment in the field of Couple & Family Therapy. Application Deadline Feburary 1, 2023
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Facilitating Learning
• Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
• Course and syllabus preparation
• Class curriculum coordination and planning
• Assessment and evaluation of learners
• Student selection, orientation, and assessment
• Mentoring and advising of students
• Field placement supervision and coordination
• Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision, particularly of MA theses, PsyD projects, and PhD, EdD, DBA dissertations
• Scholarship - Scholarship/ research reflecting the generation, integration, dissemination and application of knowledge, as well as creative and original contributions to one's field commensurate with academic rank.
• Service - All faculty engage in service to the University, Community and Profession commensurate with academic rank. Examples in each category include:
• Service to the University:
• Hiring and evaluating faculty Participating in developing, revising, and coordinating curriculum as well as maintaining program vitality
• Participating in processes to improve academic program quality
• Participating in processes to improve quality of School, campus, and University faculty experience Participating in faculty governance
• Service to the Community:
• Contributions at the local, state, and national levels involving one's professional expertise to the public, to organizations, and to governmental entities
• Service to the Profession:
• Participation in and leadership of professional organizations
• Reviewing for journals, conferences, and research grant panels
• Duties Required of All Faculty - Certain duties are additionally required of all faculty and are not given formal workload credit but will be included in yearly evaluations. These include but are not limited to:
• active participation in campus life to sustain a high level of facilitated learning;
• participation in program governance, including program-based committees, with the exception of SERC which may receive up to three units of service workload credit at the discretion of the Program Director and the approval of the Dean and the Provost/VPAA;
• active participation in program and campus activities (including scheduled and impromptu meetings of faculty, staff, and students);
• picking up and promptly responding to paper, voice and electronic mail and messages;
• visibility and accessibility supporting a sense of community;
• regular accessibility either by person, by telephone and/or virtually to students, colleagues and the greater University community;
• posting of teaching schedules, office hours, and procedures for making appointments on the faculty member's door, online and on syllabi;
• attendance and participation in program, department, faculty and Faculty Assembly meetings;
• responding in a timely fashion to students' requests for meetings, to telephone calls, and to e-mail communications;
• participating in Faculty Assembly and program faculty meetings;
• carrying an advising load of up to fourteen students (depending on size of the program and the judgment of the Program Director);
• participation in hiring faculty;
• participation in developing, revising and coordinating curriculum and maintaining program vitality;
• participation in processes to improve quality of school/college, campus and University faculty experience; and
• participation in, selection, admission and retention of new students, including attendance at admissions open houses, participating in admission interviews, new student orientation, and advising of students.
• Submittal of grades, attendance, syllabi, and textbook orders in compliance with University established procedures and deadlines.
• Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
• Proficient computer skills.
• The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
• The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
• The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
• The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide students toward task completion.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and University employees.
• Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and/or experiences
• Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
• Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Education: Candidates must hold a doctorate in MFT (COAMFTE accredited program preferred) or closely related field; meet educational requirements for licensure as an MFT in California
• Experience: The position requires demonstrated experience with online education, multicultural/multinational education, research, and therapy; ongoing program of research with grant funding potential. Strong consideration given to qualified applicants who have expertise in online and on-ground education, diversity/social justice, addictions, statistics, are multilingual and have experience working with diverse populations.
• Certifications, Licenses, etc.: AAMFT Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor (or Approved supervisor candidate)
Alliant International University
San Diego, CA 92131
• Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter (in part, describing your interest in and fit for the position).
• Applicants invited to interview should be prepared to provide three professional references.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at mailto:[email protected] or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this https://bertelsmann-hr.de/recruiting/Alliant%20CCPA%20Notice%20at%20Col… https://bertelsmann-hr.de/recruiting/Alliant%20CCPA%20Notice%20at%20Col…. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 177469
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3574157
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.