Assistant Professor in HDFS
Assistant Professor in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS),
School of Family and Consumer Sciences, Full-time, Tenure Track, Beginning August 2023.
• Teach undergraduate HDFS courses, including introductory and higher-level family
science courses from a trauma-informed lens such as family interaction or parenting processes.
• Participate in curriculum development, accreditation process, and program assessment.
• Engage in a quality research record.
• Provide service to the program, school, college, university, and professional associations.
• Advise undergraduate students.
• Earned doctorate in Human Development, Family Science, or a related field. Candidates who are ABD at time of application may be considered. Degree must be conferred prior to appointment in August 2023.
• Clearly identified research agenda within family science.
• Evidence of effective teaching experience at the university level
• Demonstrated potential to conduct and publish research in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY is a public, state-assisted, residential university. It has approximately 21,000 students and a stable enrollment pattern. Thirty percent of the undergraduate population are first generation college students. The main campus is in Bowling Green, Ohio (pop. 30,000) on I-75, 30 miles south of Toledo and is 15 miles south of the Ohio Turnpike. The University comprises nine colleges: College of Education & Human Development; Graduate College; College of Arts & Sciences; Schmidthorst College of Business; College of Health & Human Services; Honors College, College of Musical Arts; College of Technology, Architecture, & Applied Engineering; and the Firelands College two-year campus located at Huron, Ohio.
ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION North Central Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges (Bachelor’s - Doctorate); National Council on Family Relations; Higher Learning Commission.
1600 E. Wooster Street
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Credentials Required for Application:
Only complete applications will be accepted.
• A cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications listed in the position description. In addition, at the center of EDHD’s conceptual framework (http://edhd.bgsu.edu/mvcf) is “A Community of Inclusion, Collaboration, and Respect.” Please describe what equitable and inclusive practices you have used or could use to promote learning across differences.
• Current curriculum vitae
• Transcript indicating the highest degree earned (if ABD, also include doctoral transcript); finalists will be required to submit official transcripts
• Names and contact information of three individuals who will be asked to provide current (dated within the past year) letters of reference
For a complete job description and instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email [email protected].
Dr. Deborah Wooldridge, Director, [email protected]
School of Family and Consumer Sciences
BGSU policy requires finalists to authorize and pass a background check prior to receiving an offer of employment. Bowling Green State University is an AA/EEO/Vet employer. We encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.