The advocacy center seeks a motivated, organized individual to join the Development Team and serve as Education Specialist to advance the Center’s mission through the management of our child abuse prevention education program.
- Develop, manage and implement trainings for professionals and a broad array of community groups on awareness, prevention and reporting of child abuse
- Develop, manage and implement all aspects of the center’s child abuse prevention/education programs for children through the Independent School Districts
- Actively pursue opportunities in the community for the agency to present child abuse prevention education and outreach
- Develop content for written educational and outreach materials
- Build relationships with a variety of corporate, civic and professional organizations
- Partner with local universities to provide guest lecture opportunities
- Foster collaborative relationships with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team for educational programming
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programming through appropriate quantitative and qualitative measures, meeting established outcomes and goals
- Grant reporting
- Maintain internal and external calendars for education trainings
- Serve as an agency speaker in the community.
- Share a role in engaging the agency’s corporate partners through coordination of Lunch & Learn education opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work, psychology, family studies, or a related field. CFLE Certification preferred.
- 2-years relevant experience in non-profit field.
- Excellent communications skills and demonstrated effectiveness as a public speaker
- Strategic thinker with ability to manage short- and long-term goals
- Detail orientated with strong time management, project management and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances, meet deadlines and prioritize, while maintaining a positive, focused attitude
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office software, internet-based applications and technology
- Database experience a plus.
Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County’s mission: We empower child abuse victims, their families and our community through education, healing and justice.
The Advocacy Center is the one place a family comes to when there has been a report of child abuse that rises to the level of a crime. We work collaboratively as a team with law enforcement, Child Protective Services, the D.A.’s office, medical professionals and our team of Interviewers, Family Advocates and Therapists. Together we provide wrap-around services for the child and their family so the case can be investigated and trauma healed through therapy. We are the only nonprofit in the county that provides these services and there is never a cost to the families we serve. The center also provides evidence-based training on child abuse prevention throughout the community. CACDC has been in operation since 1997 and have served thousands of children and families.
Children's Advocacy Center for Denton County
Lewisville, TX 75077
Please send resume with a cover letter to [email protected].