4-H STEM Specialist
This is an 11-month, non-tenure track Assistant Extension Specialist position or tenure track Assistant Professor dependent upon experience and educational qualifications. The Science, Technology, Engineers and Math (STEM) Extension Specialist- 4-H Youth Development is a state staff member of the 4-H Youth Development unit and is administratively responsible to the Assistant Director, 4-H Youth Development. This person is responsible for providing leadership in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the 4-H program as they are related to working with youth, adult volunteers, and OCES staff in areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Outstanding candidates will be considered for the Oklahoma Farm Bureau 4-H Endowed Professorship.
- Provide state-wide leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating OSU Extension 4-H Youth Development programming using Positive Youth Development models, 4-H PRKC related to the Professional, Research, Knowledge, and Competencies (4-HPRKC Model) for 4-H Youth Development. Specific emphasis will be placed on the domains of Youth "Program Development" and "Organizational Systems."
- Develop comprehensive, research-based youth development programs with an emphasis on situational analysis, program design, program implementation, and evaluations. These programs should be relevant, welcoming, and inclusive for all audiences.
- Actively seek STEM grants and grant development partnerships or teams to financially support and advance the enhancement and promotion of new and innovative STEM programming.
- Promote and support Positive Youth Development evaluation methods through providing in-service to county educators in the 4-H Common Measures system and other supported PYD evaluation.
- 4-H curriculum development that highlights STEM related subject areas (e.g. renewable energy, electricity, water use-rural and urban/recreational, etc.).
- Develop STEM programs to support youth, volunteers, and county educators in areas of agricultural youth leadership and civic engagement.
A Master's required (doctorate preferred) in education, youth development, family studies, leadership or related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, including oral, written, plus appropriately use technology. Must also be able to work with diverse and multi-cultural audiences.
Oklahoma 4-H, the youth development program of OSU Extension, provides opportunities for all youth to reach their fullest potential by developing and enhancing skills for living. In support of this effort, 4-H continually evolves to provide formal and non-formal community-focused experiential learning. The focus is on developing life skills, fostering leadership, civic engagement, volunteerism, and career exploration in youth through numerous project areas ranging from livestock to robotics. All of which is offered with research-based knowledge from the land-grant university system.
4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Stillwater, OK 74078
Applicants are requested to submit 1) a letter of interest, (2) a resume, (3) contact information (name, address, e‐mail address, telephone) for three references. Applications must be submitted at https://jobs.okstate.edu and search for req9646.