Assistant Professor - MFT/MedFT - Human Development and Family Science - 932047
The Department of Human Development and Family Science (HDFS) at East Carolina University (ECU) invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track faculty position (Assistant Level) in the program areas of Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) and Medical Family Therapy (MedFT). Review of applications will begin February 2024 and continue until the position has been filled.
• Develop an active research program, secure external funding; teach undergraduate and graduate courses; supervise master’s and doctoral level MFT students.
• Chair theses and dissertations.
• Advise MedFT/MFT students; and provide service to the profession, university, and community.
• As part of their job duties, the candidate will employ innovation and demonstrate high proficiency in scholarship, research, teaching, clinical supervision, and the application of knowledge.
• There is an expectation to be collegial and collaborative with students, staff, faculty, and administration.
• Contingent upon availability of funds.
• Earned PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy, Medical Family Therapy or related field such as Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work.
• Evidence of a commitment to excellence in research, grant writing, teaching, clinical supervision and professional service.
• Candidates with the PhD conferred at the time of initial appointment will hold the probationary rank of Assistant Professor. ABD candidates will also be initially appointed with the probationary term rank of Assistant Professor and must have the terminal degree conferred prior to their first reappointment.
• Qualifying degrees must be received from regionally accredited institutions.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
Eligible for North Carolina Licensure; AAMFT Approved Supervisor or AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate.
Organizational Unit Overview
The Department of Human Development and Family Science is one of six academic units in the College of Health and Human Performance. It has approximately 300 full-time students enrolled in one of four undergraduate programs: family and community services, birth-kindergarten teacher education (BK), family and consumer sciences education (FACS), and child life and 200 HDFS minors. Another 75 students are enrolled in an alternative licensure educational preparation program in BK or FACS. An additional 65 students are enrolled in one of two master’s programs: Human Development and Family Science (HDFS), Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), an MAED Birth to Kindergarten (BK) concentration, or a Ph.D. program in Medical Family Therapy (MedFT).
The department houses the Nancy W. Darden Child Development Center, the Redditt House: Medical Family Therapy Research Academy, and the ECU Family Therapy Clinic. See http://www.ecu.edu/cs-hhp/hdfs/index.cfm for more information about the department, college, and university. The Medical Family Therapy program serves as the first of its kind in the nation and the MFT program was the first to be COAMFTE accredited in the state of North Carolina. Both programs hold a strong standing with COAMFTE.
1000 E. 5th St.
Greenville, NC 27858
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application screening begins February 2024 and will continue until the position is filled.
In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1. Cover letter addressing position description and briefly summarizes your education relative to the position and how you create a culture of care in your instruction, engagement, and supervision with your students.
2. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3. A list of three references with contact information who can attest to your teaching, research, the potential for securing funding, and service in higher education.
4. Copy of transcript from all graduate education programs from colleges/universities attended.
As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following link below) online via the PeopleAdmin system (https://ecu.peopleadmin.com).
Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system.
Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.
For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord (HDFS 932047) East Carolina University, College of Health and Human Performance 1000 East 5th Street, Rivers West 238 Mail Stop 505, Greenville, NC 27858.
For further information, please contact:
Damon L. Rappleyea, PhD, MedFT/MFT Search Committee Chair
Department of Human Development and Family Science
College of Health and Human Performance
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 932047 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/68200