ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – Human Development and Family Science
The School of Human Sciences at Mississippi State University is seeking nominations and applications for a nine-month, tenure track, teaching and research position of Assistant Professor, Human Development and Family Science (HDFS)
• Doctorate in human development and family science or a closely related field. (ABD candidates will be considered.)
• Demonstrated interest in and commitment to diversity and to quality teaching in higher education.
• Research interest(s) with potential to succeed within the land grant mission.
• Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and industry professionals.
• Certification in Family Life Education.
• Professional experience in an area related to human development and family science and/or gerontology.
• Experience teaching college students, including use of distance education technology.
• Effective communication skills using written, verbal, and interpersonal techniques.
• Success in competitive extramural funding.
• Experience in conducting and publishing research and/or scholarly work.
• Assistant Professor, Human Development and Family Science.
• Initial appointment is, 67% Teaching, 33% Research.
The School of Human Sciences at Mississippi State University is an interdisciplinary program focused on individual, relationship, and family development within diverse ecological contexts. Faculty research interests include early childhood education, early intervention, adverse childhood experiences, family and consumer science, adolescent development, parenting and caregiving, health and biophysiological processes, and religiosity. We administer an undergraduate certificate program in Trauma-Informed Child Advocacy and an undergraduate minor in Gerontology. HDFS includes 8 full-time faculty, 149 undergraduates, and 30 graduate students in masters or doctoral programs of study.
255 Tracy Drive
9745 Lloyd Ricks Watson
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Applicants must apply online at www.jobs.msstate.edu