Assistant Professor of Family Life and Human Development
The Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education and Human Development is looking for a dynamic, highly qualified educator who can:
- Teach 4 undergraduate courses in any of the following areas: Human Development, Family Studies, and or Family Services. Specific courses to be taught depending on qualifications and expertise: Introduction to Family and Social Work, School Counseling, Lifespan Development, Family Life Education, Individual and Family Problems, and Values and Ethics in Family Services.
- Teaching and supervising experiential learning placements are the primary responsibilities. Professional commitment, scholarly activity, service to the department, college, and university are expected and required for rank advancement and tenure considerations.
- Create, orchestrate, and supervise student internships with Human Services programs and agencies.
- Participate in departmental and university committee work including curriculum and program development.
- Other assignments as determined by the department chair and dean.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Family Studies, Social Work, Human Services, or closely related field required for non-tenure track position. Applicants with a Ph.D. may be considered for a tenure-track position.
- Expertise and work experience in family and human services programs and agencies.
- In accordance with Utah State Code 53A-3-410, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in Family Life and Human Development courses. Teaching experience in all Family Life and Human Services related fields will be considered.
- Familiarity with online delivery systems.
- Interest and ability in utilizing and facilitating educational technologies in teaching.
Southern Utah University is a caring campus community where students come to explore their interests and prepare for meaningful careers and life experiences. With more than 144 undergraduate programs* and 17 graduate and certificate programs across six academic colleges, SUU proudly offers world-class, project-based learning opportunities where students gain professional experience before entering the job market.
Located in the world’s best backyard, SUU is the University of the Parks thanks to its close proximity to several outdoor recreational areas and its educational partnerships with the National Park Service. SUU’s safe, residential campus allows students (more than 10,000) to create lifelong friendships along with once-in-a-lifetime outdoor adventures in conjunction with innovative academic endeavors.
Southern Utah University
351 W University Blvd
Cedar City, UT 84720