Assistant Professor of Family Life and Human Development
The Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education and Human Development at Southern Utah University is inviting applications for a dynamic, highly qualified Marriage and Family Therapist who can teach undergraduate classes in the Family Life and Human Development department. Potential opportunity exists for this position to include future work in developing a Marriage and Family Therapy Masters program and to teach at the graduate level. This is a full-time, 9-month faculty position with excellent benefits and can be filled as either tenure or non-tenure track dependent upon qualifications. Review of applicants will begin 30 days from the posting date and continue until the position is filled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach 4-5 undergraduate courses within Family Services, Family Studies, Human Development, and/or Social Work. The primary focus of this position is teaching students. Potential courses to be taught include:
- Marriage and Family Relations
- Human Sexuality
- Family Problems & Solutions
- Marital Problems & Solutions
- Values and Ethics in Family Services
- Internship/ Clinical Supervision
- Human Development over the Lifespan
- Future MFT graduate courses
2. Mentoring undergraduate students and providing future clinical supervision in a graduate program.
3. Professional commitment to scholarly activity.
4. Participate in departmental, college, university, and community service.
5. Other assignments as determined by the department chair and dean.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy.
2. Minimum of 2 years practicing therapy in a clinical setting.
3. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (or will be licensed within a year of being hired).
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. DMFT or Ph.D. in closely related field may be considered for a tenure-track position.
2. Experience with developing and/or running a marriage and family therapy program.
3. Evidence of successful university teaching experience in Family Life and Human Development or Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related field.
4. Interest and ability in utilizing and facilitating educational technologies in teaching.
5. Familiarity with online delivery systems.
6. Demonstrated awareness and experience with issues of educational equity and pedagogical inclusion.
With more than 140 majors, minors, certificates, and graduate degrees, SUU has the programs to get students where they want to go. Southern Utah University is within a five-hour drive of more than 20 national parks and monuments in Utah, Arizona, and Nevada, so explore the world at the University of the Parks®. Plus, our hometown of Cedar City, Utah hosts year round events like music festivals, downtown block parties, and even a sheep parade!
351 W University Blvd
Cedar City, UT 84720
Please go to https://suu.applicantpro.com/jobs/3107188 to apply.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references