Assistant Professor of FLHD
The Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education and Human Development is looking for a dynamic, highly qualified educator who can:
- Teach 4-5 undergraduate courses in any of the following areas: Human Development, Family Studies, and or Family Services. The primary focus of this position is teaching Family Life Education, mentoring students in the Family Life Education Capstone, and working with community partners to create family life education programs. Specific courses to be taught depending on qualifications and expertise: Introduction to Family and Social Work, School Counseling, Lifespan Development, Family Life Education, and Family Life Education Capstone.
- Teach and supervise experiential learning placements are the primary responsibilities. Professional commitment, scholarly activity, service to the department, college, and university are expected and required for rank advancement and tenure considerations.
- Participate in departmental and university committee work and service to the university and community.
- Complete other assignments as determined by the department chair and dean.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Family Studies, Human Development, Social Work, or closely related field. Applicants with a Ph.D. may be considered for a tenure-track position.
- Certified Family Life Educator or ability to obtain within the first semester.
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in Family Life and Human Development courses. Teaching experience in all Family Life and Human Services related fields will be considered.
- Experience teaching as a CFLE in the community
- Expertise and work experience in extension, community education, or family and human services programs and agencies.
- Familiarity with online delivery systems.
- Interest and ability in utilizing and facilitating educational technologies in teaching.
With more than 140 majors, minors, certificates, and graduate degrees, SUU has the programs to get students where they want to go. Southern Utah University is within a five-hour drive of more than 20 national parks and monuments in Utah, Arizona, and Nevada, so explore the world at the University of the Parks®. Plus, our hometown of Cedar City, Utah hosts year round events like music festivals, downtown block parties, and even a sheep parade!
351 W University Blvd
Cedar City, UT 84720
Please go to https://www.suu.edu/employment for application information.
Documents needed to apply:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Contact information for at least 3 Professional References
In accordance with Utah State Code 53A-3-410, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.