Assistant Professor of Human Development and Family Sciences
The Human Development and Family Sciences program at Texas State University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position. This is a 9-month appointment with the possibility of summer teaching. This position is available at the Assistant Professor level.
The Human Development and Family Sciences program at Texas State offers a Bachelor of Science at the undergraduate level and a Master of Science degree with Human Development and Family Sciences and Child Life Specialist tracks.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
* Teach courses in one or more of these topic areas at the undergraduate and graduate level: child development, child life, family relationships, research methods, family and child development theory, administration/evaluation of human service organizations, family diversity, aging and adulthood, program administration, and developmentally appropriate curriculum planning for young children
* Be able to maintain an active research agenda and participate in appropriate service activities.
This position is subject to the availability of funds.
* A Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Sciences or a closely related field by date of hire
* A record of or the potential for research and publication in the top journals in the discipline
* Teaching experience at the college level
*Research focused on child development and well-being, children and families impacted by illness, relationship dynamics (e.g., romantic/marital relationship, peer, sibling, etc.), and/or adult populations
*Experience in grant procurement
*Current publication record
*Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS)
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification and a Hispanic Serving Institution, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
Family and Consumer Sciences
601 University Dr
San Marcos, TX 78666
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/hr/postings/43672.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by November 1, 2023:
1. Cover letter that addresses all required and preferred qualifications
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Three letters of recommendation
4. Unofficial Transcript
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Questions can be forwarded to Dr. Priscilla Goble ([email protected]), Search Committee Chair.