Assistant Professor - Marriage & Family Resiliency
Tenure Track, 9 month, Assistant Professor in Marriage and Family Resiliency in the Human Development & Family Studies Program, Department of Family Consumer Sciences at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Teach 9 credits per academic year in the related areas: family development & family relations, and prevention and applied programs related to family life education.
2. Build a nationally recognized research program in Human Development and Family Studies.
3. Seek extramural grants.
4. Mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
5. Contribute to HDFS program governance and development at the university level.
To begin approximately August, 2020 or soon thereafter. Annual renewal is dependent upon availability of funds and satisfactory performance. For best consideration, all application materials should be submitted by February 27, 2020. Continuous closing date until position is filled.
Minimum Qualifications include:
1) Doctorate degree in Marriage or Family Science, or related disciplines. Doctorate degree awarded on the date of hire.
2) Demonstrated teaching ability.
3) Demonstrated scholarly achievement in the area of marriage and family resiliency research.
Desirable Qualifications include:
1) Record of scholarly publications and securing external funding.
2) Experience in the following content areas/specialization: marriage and family development and resiliency; applied family studies (prevention programs/interventions/policy); multicultural and ethnically diverse populations (emphasis on Asian/Pacific Islander).
3) Demonstrated programmatic or policy collaboration with communities.
4) Preference given to candidates with Doctorate or Master's degree in family science expertise in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), or Family Life Education, and at least one degree in HDFS
Demonstrated excellence in undergraduate and/or graduate teaching.
5) Experience with culturally diverse communities and student populations. Experience in Asian and Pacific Islander families or communities.
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Hawaii Manoa has an undergraduate program, B.S. in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS). The degree provides students with a comprehensive, ecological systems-based program of study in human development, family development, and family resource management. Students are prepared for positions in family service agencies; family life and parenting education programs; children's, youth, and gerontology programs; child care and early childhood education centers; and consumer affairs agencies. Our courses cover topics such as healthy family relationships, healthy and resilient human development at all ages, family public policy, and family and consumer resource management, among others. We are looking to expand and develop a Masters program that focuses on marriage and family resiliency.
2515 Campus Drive
Honolulu, HI 96822
Applications may be filed online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu
(search job #84500)
Submit the following: 1) Cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) names and contact information of at least three professional references, and 4) official transcripts (copies accepted; however, official transcripts will be required upon hire).
Inquiries: Dr. Thao Le, (808) 956-2232