Couple & Family Therapy Program Director - Faculty Position
Position: Family Social Science / Couple and Family Therapy / Program Director Faculty Position
Rank: Associate Professor or Full Professor
Appointment and Salary: This is a tenure track appointment at the level of associate professor or full professor. The position includes resident teaching and research at 100% time, 9-month (academic year). The Couple and Family Therapy Program Director will also have a supplemental summer appointment of approximately 30% time (equivalent of one month), to cover summer responsibilities of the Director such as supervision of CFT students and other administrative work. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Direct the accredited Couple/Marriage and Family Therapy Program
- Teaching graduate- and undergraduate- level courses in family studies, with particular emphases on couple/marriage and family therapy
- Advise masters- and doctoral- students; supervise theses and dissertations
- Engage in scholarship and research dissemination (e.g., publications, presentations)
- Maintain an externally funded research program
- Provide clinical supervision as a couple/marriage and family therapist
- Provide University- and Community- service
Required/Essential Credentials and Experience:
- Doctorate in family studies, couple/marriage and family therapy, or closely related field
- AAMFT clinical membership and approved supervisor status
- Academic leadership and/or administrative experience
- Advising and teaching at the graduate level
- Experience (and demonstrated effectiveness) in teaching and/or mentoring students with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences (e.g., Indigenous students, first-generation, students of color, older adults, LGBTQ+ students, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups)
- Demonstrated competence in scholarly research, including significant refereed publications
- National recognition for work in the field of couple/marriage and family therapy
- Demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism in all aspects of academic work
- History and track record of successful research grant writing
Preferred/Desired Credentials and Experience:
- Strong methodological and theory expertise
- Demonstrated commitment to public engagement
- Creativity and innovation in recruiting graduate students from a diverse range of backgrounds and lived experiences
Program/Unit Description: The Department of Family Social Science is a multidisciplinary department in which faculty and students use the knowledge and methods of the social sciences to examine the family as a system as it interacts with the environment. Through the activities of teaching, discovery, and engagement, faculty and students address a wide range of social and economic issues affecting families locally, nationally, and globally. The ultimate goal of this work is to enhance the lives of individual and families. Work is organized around four departmental themes: (a) families and economic well-being; (b) families and health; (c) families and diversity; and (d) relationships and development across the lifespan. The department offers both undergraduate (BS) and graduate (MA and Ph.D.) degrees. See our website at https://www.cehd.umn.edu/fsos/
About the U: The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota
1985 Buford Ave, McNH 290
St. Paul, MN 55108
How to apply: An on-line application is required for this position; access the University of Minnesota’ employment system at https://employment.umn.edu and search for Requisition Number 331882. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume. Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section. Please also attach at least three professional references and cover letter.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins on 10/15/2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail [email protected] or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).