HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND RELATIONSHIPS STATE OUTREACH SPECIALIST
This position within the Institute for Human Development and Relationships provides leadership and support for Human Development and Relationships educational programs directed to the needs of justice-involved families. The position works to enhance the well-being of children in justice-involved families and to affect justice system policy changes that enhance family connections that foster family stability, and parent-child relationships, and ultimately reduce recidivism. The position serves as the coordinator and grant management of The Literacy Link project and direct supervisor of one Justice-Involved Family County Educator.
Delivers and assists with planning outreach program activities strengthens partnerships, ensures adherence to policy, and assists with program administration to promote stable and productive relationships between the university and the local community. Strives to expand and ensure access to programs, facilities, and educational services to diverse audiences. May assist with tracking and managing the outreach program budget.
- Master's Degree in a field that relates to the position, including family science, human development, child psychology, education, social work, counseling, criminal justice, forensic psychology, juvenile justice
- At least three years of work experience relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position.
- Current content knowledge in fields related to the purpose of this position such as child & youth development (especially children of incarcerated parents), familial incarceration and justice involvement, family systems, public health, criminal justice, community development, program evaluation
- Demonstrated skills in planning, implementing or teaching educational programs using a variety of methods and
- Demonstrated skills in interpreting, utilizing, and applying evidence-based information and research findings
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Effective group facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work at a community and state levels and partner with others to address educational needs
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Experience managing program funding, grant writing, and securing educational program resources
- Demonstrated success in developing, teaching, and evaluating educational programs
- PhD or other terminal degree in a field that relates to the position, including family science, human development, child psychology, education, social work, counseling, criminal justice, forensic psychology, juvenile justice
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent skills in mentoring and helping others improve their team-building, problem-solving, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated educational program development skills including planning and implementing programs, evaluating learning experiences; and communicating program impact and value to stakeholders
- Experience developing effective partnerships
- Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining professional work environments
- Strong interpersonal relationships and problem-solving skills in a team setting
- Knowledge of Extension's legacy as part of the U.S. system of land-grant institutions, dedicated to service in the public good
Extension's mission is to connect people with the University of Wisconsin. Thanks to joining forces with UW-Madison, we'll strengthen each other through exchanging experience and research statewide. No matter what you're trying to accomplish in Wisconsin, you'll find the support you need as we continue to bring our home state together, community by community.
432 N Lake St.
Madison, WI 53709
Visit https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/514436/human-development-and-relatio… for the application link and specific instructions