Home and Community Extension Assistant/Associate Professor_Brigham City, UT
Utah State University Extension invites applications for a faculty position in the Home and Community Department. This is a 12-month, fiscal-year appointment. Extension faculty develop, provide, evaluate, and coordinate research-based educational programs for youth and adults. Extension faculty also recruit, train and supervise volunteer leaders and serve as a liaison between local clientele, other resource agencies, and Utah State University administrators, faculty, and programs. Extension faculty have Box Elder County, departmental, and University responsibilities. An office will be provided at the Box Elder County Extension building in Brigham City, Utah.
We welcome candidates with knowledge in one or more family and consumer sciences subject matter areas appropriate to the county assignment, including, but not limited to: positive psychology and solution-focused mental health, suicide prevention, food preservation and safety, diabetes education, nutrition, gerontology or human development, family finance and/or housing education and entrepreneurship.
The estimated start date for this position is January 1, 2021.
Rank will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and current rank. Appointment opportunities include Extension Assistant or Associate Professor (tenure track). A Master's degree is required for either rank.
- Provide leadership to Extension activities
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs for adults and youth
- Develop partnerships and employ innovative approaches to reach clientele and new audiences
- Pursue internal and external funding to support Extension programming
- Document impacts and produce scholarly publications based on Extension programming
- Manage budgets, personnel, and volunteers
- Serve diverse audiences and support the civil rights mandate of Utah State University Extension
- Serve and collaborate with other Extension county faculty and specialists, University personnel, community and government agencies, and stakeholders
- An earned Master's degree in a discipline such as: family and consumer sciences, public health, nutrition, food sciences, social work, mental health, psychology, finance, business, human development, family studies, health and wellness or related area.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct educational programs
- Experience in teaching adult and/or youth audiences
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to act as a liaison between federal, state, university and county clientele
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work with community leaders, partners, agencies, and USU county faculty and state specialists to meet various county needs in the program areas described in the position summary, including reaching diverse audiences.
Preferred Qualifications - Skills and Experience with:
- Program development, delivery, and/or evaluation related to area of expertise, as listed above or similar
- Conducting needs assessments to track persistent and emerging community issues and problems
- Using various technology platforms for the creation and dissemination of educational webinars, on-line classes, and educational video productions
- Conducting applied research activities to inform Extension program planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Grant writing to secure external and internal program funding
- Recruiting, supervising, and working with staff and volunteers
- Working with diverse, low income and under-served audiences
- Marketing and community engagement via Social media
- Willing and able to collaborate with colleagues via partnerships and working groups to meet the diverse needs of communities
- Fostering positive relationships with related organizations, agencies and community stakeholders
- Public speaking and presenting at local, state, and national conferences and events
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish
- Willingness and ability to reach various cultural diversity needs within the county.
- Prior experience with the Land Grant University System
01 S. Main Street
Brigham City, UT 84302
Please apply at the following link: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/2908/home-and-community-extension-assistant-associate-professor---box-elder-county%2c-ut/job
Along with the online application, please attach:
- Resume to be uploaded in the Candidate Profile
- In your cover letter, please highlight how you have or how you could meet these job expectations and qualifications. Upload under Other Documents 1-10
- College/University transcripts upload under Other Documents 1-10
- Contact information for 3 Professional References
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**