Home and Community Extension Assistant/Associate Professor (Wayne County)
Utah State University Extension invites applications for a faculty position in the Home and Community Department. This is a 12-month, fiscal-year appointment. Extension faculty develop, provide, evaluate, and coordinate research-based educational programs for youth and adults. Extension faculty also recruit, train and supervise volunteer leaders and serve as a liaison between local clientele, other resource agencies, and Utah State University administrators, faculty, and programs. Extension faculty have Wayne County, departmental, and University responsibilities. An office will be provided at the Wayne County Extension building in Loa, Utah.
Rank will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and current rank. Appointment opportunities include Extension Assistant or Associate Professor (tenure track). A Master's degree is required for either rank.
The estimated start date for this position is March 1, 2023. Applications received by January 19, 2022 will receive first consideration.
We welcome candidates with knowledge in one or more home and community program areas, appropriate to the county assignment, including, but not limited to:
• Family and consumer sciences
• Health and wellness
• Positive psychology and solution-focused mental health
• Suicide prevention
• Food sciences, preservation and safety
• Diabetes education
• Gerontology, human development, family studies
• Finance education
• Economic and community development
• Workforce development
• Entrepreneurship/business development
• Public health
• Social work
We are especially interested in candidates that are well versed in using online educational platforms (e.g. Canvas) to develop and deliver evidence-based, clientele-focused, home and community related programming for rural and underserved populations.
More information about Utah State University Extension and the Home and Community Department can be found here: https://youtu.be/XvXITaFAltE
• An earned Master's degree in a discipline such as: family and consumer sciences, public health, nutrition, food sciences, social work, mental health, psychology, finance, business, human development, family studies, health and wellness or related area.
• Ability to plan, organize and direct educational programs
• Experience in teaching adult and/or youth audiences
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to act as a liaison between federal, state, university and county clientele
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must have access to reliable transportation to perform essential job functions
• Must be willing to work with community leaders, partners, agencies, and USU county faculty and state specialists to meet various county needs in the program areas described in the position summary, including reaching diverse audiences.
Preferred Qualifications- Skills and Experience with:
• Program development and/or delivery related to area of expertise, as listed above or similar
• Using various technology platforms for the creation and dissemination of educational webinars, on-line classes, and educational video productions
• Implementing applied research and evidence-based activities
• Grant, professional, and scientific writing and grant management
• Recruiting, supervising, and working with staff and volunteers
• Working with diverse, low income, rural, and under-served audiences
• Marketing and community engagement via social media
• Willing and able to collaborate with colleagues via partnerships and working groups to meet the diverse needs of communities
• Fostering positive relationships with related organizations, agencies and community stakeholders
• Public speaking and presenting
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (Bilingual)
• Willingness and ability to reach various cultural diversity needs within the county, including Latino programming
• Prior experience with the Land Grant University System
• Knowledge of USU Extension and understanding of Wayne County demographics
18 South Main Street
Loa, UT 84747
Apply at jobs.usu.edu
Or direct link: https://tinyurl.com/USUExtWayneCounty