University Faculty Child and Family Studies
The Department of Child and Family Studies at Weber State University is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position. The tenure-track position includes a full-time undergraduate/graduate teaching load of 12 hours per semester in Family Science, Family Life Education, and Human Development, with expectations of publication, student advising, and participation in departmental, university, and community committees.
Duties include teaching a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate courses which may include GenEd Courses and Honors Courses. In addition, this position will have a special emphasis on developing courses that address Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion concerns in the fields of Human Development and Family Science (4/4 load). Weber State University is dedicated to becoming an institution that continues to meet the needs of all members of its community and the Child & Family Studies Department is committed to hiring diverse faculty.
• A Ph.D. in Family Studies, Family Science, Human Development and Family Studies, or closely related field (a strong ABD may be considered if degree completed by August 25, 2023).
• The candidate must be able to teach in support of the department curriculum designed around the NCFR content areas and criteria for training Certified Family Life Educators and provide documentation of competencies as they relate to the 10 CFLE content areas.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate or graduate students.
• Experiences with students from underserved communities and historically underrepresented populations, such as BIPOC/minoritized, first-generation, and low-SES students, and students placed in developmental math and English.
A successful candidate will have the following
• A willingness to teach general education courses and collaborative WSU/Honors courses.
• A willingness to collaborate to meet the needs of our local Weber State University community.
• A research agenda and interest in involving students in research activities. A drive to create a solid track record of scholarly publication and the willingness to learn how to procure grants is desired.
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Physical Activity of this position: Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position. , Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance., Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Physical Requirements of this position: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to move objects, including the human body. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing only occasionally if ever.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision: Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Weber State University
Ogden, UT 84408
To apply, please complete the online application and attach the following documentation:
• Cover Letter
• One-page philosophy statement on how your qualifications meet our program needs
• Curriculum Vita
• List of five references
Screening of applications will begin October 30, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.